ON-SITE TRAINING - BUSINESS
Firearms Training and Team Tactics for Business Owners and Their Employees
Pulse O2DA offers on-site training and support packages for businesses, churches, schools and communities. Below we detail an on-site training package for business.
Small businesses are at a disadvantage when it comes to security. In the past, small businesses were limited to two choices, either hire expensive security guards or depend upon local law enforcement to provide for their safety and security. Hiring security guards is not only expensive but questionable as to training and consistency, while law enforcement will never be there when a threat materializes. There is an alternative - developing a private security force.
Developing a private security force in a small business takes on the same dimensions as developing and managing other competencies in a business. You develop and manage a private security force the same way you develop and manage a sales force, human resources department, engineering group, etc. Your private security force is staffed by your own employees, who undergo comprehensive basic and recurrent training in order to learn the skills necessary to defend lives and property. The employees in your private security force come from your existing ranks who are cross-trained. These are not full time positions, which limits your costs and because you control the training and select the participants, you can be confident that your private security force will effectively defend lives and property.
Pulse O2DA Will Help You Develop Your Own Private Security Force
Pulse O2DA will teach you and a select group of your employees how to defend your lives and property. You will learn three weapons systems - handgun, shotgun, and rifle, and the team tactics necessary to operate as a cohesive fighting unit. The training you receive from us will be equal to, and in many cases better than the training provided to your local law-enforcement SWAT teams. Our instructors all come from significant military and law enforcement backgrounds. We start by teaching you how to eliminate the threat before the authorities arrive. We train you on exactly what to do from identifying the threat and the firing of the first shot, to the arrival of the first responders. We at Pulse O2DA will train you and a trusted group of your employees to stop the carnage. We will teach you the skills and the mind set to eliminate a lethal threat.
Your Training Integrates Firearms Fundamentals, Reality Based Tactical Simulations and "Tabletop Wargaming"
When a lethal threat appears, and law enforcement response may be late or inadequate, individual skills and preparations are only a partial solution. 360 degree, 24/7 security is palpably, demonstrably beyond the ability of an individual to maintain for very long, and when you are protecting something bigger than yourself, the problems multiply. Whether your entity is a business, church, school, or community, your choice may someday be what Ben Franklin characterized as "hanging together, or hanging separately."
From Beslan to Mumbai, from Moscow theaters to Kenyan malls, and sadly in our own American businesses, schools and public venues, lethal threats are a fact of life in our era. The transition from the everyday routines of life to combat can occur suddenly, violently, in the midst of those we must protect; and it will be shrouded in fog, friction, and chaos.
If the fight comes to us on our own ground, we can leverage the advantages of knowing the ground and rehearsing on it. We can prepare ourselves in advance for every specific contingency we can foresee, as well as those we cannot. So armed, we have a good chance to deter, disrupt or detect a threat before it materializes, or if the fight is on, we can retain the initiative or retake it swiftly.
With dedication, perseverance, and good training, you can learn how to dominate an adversary and win a gunfight. But just as an army can win every battle and still lose the war, the most formidable gunfighter can still fail catastrophically if he lacks situational understanding and the ability, based on study, rehearsal, and experience, to make timely, effective decisions above the level of individual tactics.
Through tactical simulations and tabletop wargaming Pulse O2DA's business, school, and community defense programs will help you to:
- Define your goals and mission;
- Derive your defensive strategy;
- Characterize your particular strengths and vulnerabilities;
- Characterize your potential threats;
- Develop a list of mission-essential and supporting tasks, hierarchically organized, to guide both your training before, and your decisions in a crisis. (What is most important? Most urgent? How do you task organize, and sequence your actions?)
- Prepare crisis response plans that are simple, based on shared understanding, designed for decentralized execution, and adaptable to changing or unforeseen circumstances
- Rehearse your response plans until, for all of your key personnel, appreciation of the situation, decision making, and appropriate action happen together in what Clausewitz called the coup d'oeil, or strike of the eye.
Or as T.E. Lawrence said, "Nine-tenths of tactics are certain, and taught in books: but the irrational tenth is like the kingfisher flashing across the pool, and that is the test of generals. It can only be ensured by instinct, sharpened by thought practicing the stroke so often that at the crisis it is as natural as a reflex."
Your Training Is Delivered In Two Phases - Basic Training And Recurrent Training.
BASIC TRAINING. Your training begins at your facility and a nearby live fire range. The following is covered or accomplished during basic training:
- Theoretical, strategic, and tactical fundamentals of gun fighting clearly explained
- Intensive handgun, shotgun, and rifle firearms training for both the individual and team
- Small unit tactical team organization, tactical fundamentals, formations, and maneuvers
- Tactical simulations via RBT and/or tabletop wargaming
- Individual and team live fire and dry practice drills
- On-site reality based training active shooter scenarios (utilizing simulated munitions - UTM)
Additionally your on-site training is "preheated" via our 360 degree 365 day online gun fighting resource the O2DA Defense Academy which will prepare you for basic training. As a Pulse O2DA client you have access to your own on-line private training group where you and your team can communicate, post pictures, videos and training documents. We also build-out a 12-month “Smartsheet “ training plan for your team.
These are the topics covered during basic training:
- Selecting team members
- Chain of Command and team control
- Handgun foundations and skill building
- Assignment of team roles and responsibilities
- Selection of weapons (rife and shotgun) to match assigned team roles
- Specific weapons system training and skill building for individuals and teams
- Intensive individual and team moving techniques and drills
- Establishing the armory, access points, and policies and procedures.
- Facility hard points, command and control centers, cover, concealment, safe rooms, fields of fire, etc.
- Basic small unit tactics used to engage active shooters
- Live fire drills and movement as individuals then team movement
- On-site or remote reality based training for teams
- Communicating with authorities (designated role)
- Initial consolidation of forces
- Team formations in a hostile environment
- Moving to contact as a team while maintaining 360 degree security
- Locating and eliminating the threat
- Secure area, reconsolidate assets
- Activate medical response for all injured
- While maintaining security, conduct verbal and physical contact with authorities once they arrive
- Proper conduct for interfacing with Law Enforcement Agencies
- Dealing with the media
- Constructive After Action Reviews of each scenario
- Recurrent training schedules, drills and management.
Upon completion of the basic training you and your team will have the skills and the confidence necessary to effectively eliminate an active shooter threat.
RECURRENT TRAINING. As part of your basic training we build-out a 12 month training program for your team using “Smartsheets” which specifies the schedule for recurrent training including dry-practice and live-fire exercises. At minimum you will want to stage reality based training exercises every six months and from time to time you will need to replace employees who depart the company. We offer several recurrent training options from a monthly "stand-by" retainer to a "train the trainer" solution where we train and certify one of your employees to manage and deliver our training methodology. If you're facing a particularly tense period (union unrest, rioting, downsizing, etc.)we can mobilize and deploy our own security specialists to augment your efforts.
COST. We tailor the training to fit your specifc needs, so each engagement has to be quoted individually. The cost of the basic training phase covers the program cost, travel, food, lodging and production. The cost of recurrent training is determined by the services provided. A monthly "stand-by" option provides for a security specialist to be on call for a specified period of time and scope of service deliverables. A 2-day reality based on-site training session every six months would be priced like basic training - adjusted downwards for the number of days involved. Our "train the trainer" option is designed for one team member who spends two weeks training at our facilities with our certified training instructors. The cost of mobilizing our security specialists to your facilities is based upon the urgency and nature of the threat and the required qualifications of the specialist(s).
Contact us directly either via email or phone (877.452.0951) to discuss your needs. There are many ways to structure this sort of training and we will be happy to provide you with a formal quotation after finding out more about your situation.
WARNING: This is not "team building" in the corporate adventure sense of riding zip lines and white water rafting. Pulse O2DA provides life threatening, crisis relevant team building skills with the end result of developing fighters who can win a lethal force encounter. You need to choose the team members on their ability to function in this situation.